Ronstan Series 40 Ball Bearing Orbit Block - Cheek
Please login or register to view pricing
Qty Currently in Stock: 2
Series 40 Ball Bearing Orbit Block - Cheek
- Ultra Lightweight
- Low friction 2-stage Orbital ball bearing system
- Highest working load in its class
- Low profile and compact
- High performance cleating
- Base suits curved mounting surface
- Low mounting points for maximum strength
Kilogram for kilogram of working load, BB and RT Orbit Blocks™ are the world’s lightest. The unique orbital design allows the bearing to only be in the active areas of the floating sheave. This minimizes the mass of the inactive return race and hub.
Weight and bulk are further reduced in the different block configurations. The ball bearing single and becket block has a through-sheave becket arrangement. The result? The lowest weight possible.
Multi-sheave blocks have only single intermediate cheeks and an ultra-light and efficient head arrangement. This gives a 30% weight saving advantage over the nearest competitor. Other brands just link together their single blocks. This results in unnecessary double cheeks between each sheave, held together by a heavy steel channel across the top of the block.
Highest Working Load In Its Class
The orbital ball-bearing arrangement gives the largest possible bearing race diameter. This maximizes load performance. The proven Ronstan 2-stage bearing system features high compression grade acetal ball bearings and a secondary full-contact bearing. This gives minimum friction across the full working load range.
The floating sheave and bearing system is supported by a fiber-reinforced load frame. The design was computer modeled to be stress optimized.
Recommended fasteners - 3 x 4mm (5/32) countersunk head screws
- Mainsheet systems on spinnaker sheet on dinghies to 5m (16ft)
- Spinnaker sheets on dinghies, sportsboats and small keel boats to 5m (16ft)
- Halyard, vang and backstay applications on boats to 8m (26ft)
- Control line applications on larger yachts
- Ball Bearings - High compression strength carbon black Acetal.
- Stage 2 Bearing - Glass fibre reinforced, MoS2 impregnated Nylon
- Frame/Cheeks - Toughened, glass fibre reinforced Nylon
- Sheave - Carbon fiber reinforced, PTFE impregnated Nylon
|Package Includes||Ronstan Series 40 Ball Bearing Orbit Block - Cheek|
|Condition Description||This item is brand new, unopened and sealed in its original factory box.|
|Warranty||1 Year Direct Manufacturer Warranty|
|Shipping Type||9.99 Flat Rate Shipping|
|Shipping Weight (Dimensional)||0.4500|
|Ship From Zip||08721|
|MAP Price (minimum advertised price) This is the lowest price you can advertise this product for (you can always price higher), if 0.00 then there is no MAP price and you can sell for whatever price you choose.||$27.95|
|Returns Accepted||You can return your purchase for up to 30 days, There will be a 20% restocking fee on unwanted items (if you are not returning for an exchange the item is considered unwanted). If the item is defective please contact us to set up an exchange.|