Tips to boost your eBay and/or Amazon sales
This is information that I am sure you will find helpful if you are thinking about our services to sell on eBay or Amazon, or if you already do and would like to increase your sales. My name is Larry and I am one of the owners of Novatech Wholesale. My direct line is 888-845-2467 ext 701 and I will be happy to discuss in detail any knowledge I have on the subject if you think it will help.
Let me start off by saying that we aren't making any profit from our app(s), the fees we are charging barely covers the servers, hard drives and development time. There are also a lot more costs that we incur but I won't bore you with the details, as you are here to learn how you can make money using the app(s). This is what we want too, we want you selling products so we can both make money (I know, big shock ,right?).
Novatech Wholesale isn’t a corporate run company; we are a family company that started selling on eBay in 2001 and have made a living that supported our entire family (and we have a big family to support) for 14 years doing it exactly the same way as you right now, drop shipping. And we had the same obstacles to overcome as you do with pricing, competition and just learning what works and what doesn’t. But we grew this company into a multi-million dollar business from the learning experience... so on to the good stuff.
Unfortunately I don’t have a step by step guide on how to repeat the process as everyone runs their business differently and what works for one may not work for another. But I have had one on one time and coaching with at least 50 of our current subscribers and 90% of them have done very well with my advice (which is what gave me the idea to write this long winded guide), 5% just weren’t willing to open up to new ideas, and the other 5% are still a work in progress. Unfortunately they have things outside of their control working against them but we are working on it.
We have some customers that are sending 15-20 orders (sometimes more) daily. They don't have some special beacon that makes everyone want to go to their stuff and buy from them. It’s just the way they are going about it.
Of course anything will sell every now and again and it doesn't matter what it is. But if you would like to keep your sales more consistent and regular you can follow the rules below.
- If you are selling on eBay or Amazon start out with products that COST YOU (not the selling price) between $30 and $450. Once you get most of these products on and get your sales rolling regularly, then start adding products outside of these ranges to add more sales, they will just be more irregular, but irregular sales go great with consistent sales.
- Since you are drop shipping your prices aren’t going to be as good as if you were buying a large inventory and warehousing it yourself, but then again you won't have the same overhead expenses either. If you have been drop shipping for a while I am sure you already know this. But rest assured we do try and get the best prices possible to offer you, but we have costs we have to cover too. Since you are a drop shipper the only way you are going to start making that “serious” money is by the sheer number of listings you put on your account, not by just simply adding a handful of products you picked out in 10 minutes and expect to retire by next Friday, it just doesn't work out that way. Our most successful sellers all have 5k+ listings active, and they are the ones sending a lot of orders every single day.
That is where our app comes in handy is it allows you to list 1000’s of products with about zero maintenance from you, leaving your only job to place orders and talk with customers.
The point of this rule is the more listings you have up and running the more sales you’re going to make. That simple.
- Of course not all of our products are great for reselling on marketplaces like eBay or Amazon. But a lot of them are huge money makers. To find the items we get the best pricing on and that sell the best on ebay or Amazon, just go to the search box on our website and type in EVTK- or MPC- . Also from March 1st to the end of August every year if you type in CWR- into our search box those Marine and outdoor products sell very very well.
These products outsell any of our other products and do very well on the marketplaces. We get a ton of orders for these items daily. We will keep this page updated if that changes or if new product lines are added that sell exceptionally better than the rest of our products.
- (for ebay users only) I noticed a lot of you like those short term listings (10 days or less) so you can make a quick sale and take advantage of those listing promotions, which is fine, but there are a few things you should take into consideration when doing so.
Short term listings don’t get a lot of traffic, and your watchers will lose the listing as soon as it ends. And you would be surprised how many customers will come back two and three months later after they start watching the item and buy it.
First, anything less than 30 day listings when trying to make a living drop shipping is not a good idea for many reasons, the biggest one being economics. You don’t want to pay a listing fee 10 times a month doing 3 day listings when you can just pay it once for a GTC (Good till cancelled) listing or a 30 day listing, the longer it’s on there the more of a chance it will sell.
Here is a biggie (and many are unaware), GTC listings are the only format that will be indexed to show up in Google, Yahoo, Bing and other big search engine that will bring you lots of customers. Unfortunately, GTC listings are usually never part of the free listing promotions eBay sometimes sends to your email. (but they are given free if you have an ebay store).
- An eBay store Is highly recommended to have if you plan on listing a large amount of listings as it will help you build your brand (which I will discuss in the next section) and it will give you a significant discount on your listing fees. You want to get your overhead as low as you can so you can put more of that money in your pocket.
- This part is how you get your customers to remember you. When you first start out and a new customer comes to your site, the first thing they will think is, “I wonder if this seller is going to deliver as promised?” and your job is to make them feel comfortable now, and you want them to remember you, so the next time they come to your website they will recognize you right away and they will be more eager to buy from you.
There are a few ways to build a brand, the first is your business name, if you don’t already have one picked out, give some thought to it, and try and pick one that will be easy for people to remember, spell, and recognize.
Once you have your business name you really consider getting a logo if you don’t already have one. You can design it or have someone else design it for you. There are several companies that do this for a living. Once you have a logo people will start recognizing you by your logo and you will start to build confidence with your buyer as it will show that you have your stuff together.
For ebay users consider getting a professional template that will stand you apart from other sellers. This is a good way to show off your logo, and show that you are different than anyone else selling the same item. If you go to ebay and type in “responsive ebay template” you will get several results. I recommend responsive ones so they can be viewed on mobile devices, tablets, laptops, desktops etc.
- Finally consider other channels to sell on also. Bonanza.com is good because there are no membership fees, and you can list as many products as you want and its free. The only time they charge you is when you sell an item. It is a good source for extra money without too much interaction. There is also Rakuten.com , bestbuy.com (marketplace), sears.com (marketplace).